AudioReputation is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission Learn More
The WH-X100XM4 is one of the most popular pair of headphones made by Sony. It can be connected to any device: smartphones, tablets, and computers via Bluetooth, and alternatively via cable.
Connecting the Sony WH-XM100XM4 headphones is quite easy with the pairing mode. Here’s how to do so.
Table of Contents
How to Connect Sony WH-X100XM4 Headphones [Step by Step]
Put your Headphones on Pairing Mode
If you’re turning your Sony WH-X100XM4 on for the first time, then it will be automatically set to pairing mode. If that’s not the case, you need to hold the power button for 7 seconds until the blue led indicator flashes twice in a roll. This is also true if you’re pairing the headphones to a secondary device.
Find and Connect the Headphones in your Device
With your headphones in pairing mode, you just need to connect them to your smartphone or computer. This is a quite easy process but will depend on what type of device you are using. Here are the step-by-step instructions for the most popular devices:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Find the headphones in the list that will appear. It will most likely be named “WH-X100XM4”.
- Tap on the name of the headphone to connect it to your iPhone.
- If your iPhone requires a password to connect, use “0000”.
- Swipe down on the top of your screen.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth symbol.
- Tap Pair New Device.
- Find “WH-X100XM4” in the list of available devices and tap it to connect.
- If a password is required, use “0000”.
3. Windows 10
- Open your Start Menu
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices
- Find and click “Bluetooth or other device”.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Find the Sony WH-X100XM4 headphones on the list and click it to connect.
4. Windows 11
- If you haven’t already, turn on your Bluetooth in Start > Settings > Bluetooth & Devices.
- In your taskbar, select the Network, Sound, or Battery icons. It can be found next to the time and date.
- Click the > icon next to the Bluetooth icon.
- Find your Sony WH-X100XM4 headphones on the list and click the name to connect.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Find the Sony WH-X100XM4 under the list of available devices and click pair.
Check out our article on ‘Need Help Resetting Bluetooth Headphones?’
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Sony WH-X100XM4 can be used as a wired pair of headphones with the supplied cable. The Bluetooth function cannot be used if your headphones are connected via cable, however.
The Sony Headphones Connect App is an app available for iOS and Android that has features such as updates, adaptive sound control/noise canceling control, and ambient sound. We strongly advise you to download the app since it’s a great companion to the Sony WH-X100XM4 headphones.
Yes, for that, you will need to use the Sony Headphones Connect App. There’s a feature in the app called Multipoint Connection, which can connect the Sony WH-X100XM4 to two devices at the same time.
By following the step-by-step instructions, you shouldn’t have to face any problems connecting the Sony WH-X100XM4 to your smartphone or computer. Be aware that the connection process will differ depending on what device you’re using.
As a bonus tip, we recommend you download the Sony Headphones Connect App on your iOS or Android smartphone, so you can use your Sony WH-X100XM4 headphones to their full potential.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope you were able to connect your Sony WH-X100XM4 headphones successfully. Make sure to check our related guides about headphones as well!
Since the time I got my first pair of headphones in 2012, I’ve been fascinated by these little gadgets that have the power to change our moods through our favorite music. Whether it was the cheap $5 earphones or the premium JBL headphones, I have played my favorite music on tons of different audio devices for all these years.
At AudioReputation, I test and review headphones of all kinds. From popular earbuds like the Airpods pro to the expensive HIFIMAN Susvara, I always perform a deep test and present my honest and unbiased opinion to my readers.